Clinical Research Nurse (RN) Coordinator - MMCRI
- Scarborough, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 131842
The Research Nurse Coordinator will report to the Clinical Trials Office at Maine Medical Center Research Institute (www.mmcri.org/cto). The selected candidate will work in a busy oncology clinical trial office.
The Research Nurse Coordinator will oversee all facets of the research study from understanding the study protocols to confirming patient eligibility, obtaining consents, and ensuring patients complete each step of the study. Key to success will be the ability to work independently and also collaboratively by partnering with the Investigators, Program Managers, Clinic staff, and relevant MMC Departments.
The candidate we’re seeking has a current Maine RN license and clinical trials research experience preferably a minimum of 2 years. Equally important is a strong understanding of good clinical practices (GCPs) and human subject protection (HSP) principles. Strong communication skills and the ability to manage complex projects are required.
The Research Nurse Coordinator position involves many aspects of research coordination. This includes collaboration with the Principle Investigator, Program Coordinator, Study Center, and relevant MMC Departments. The primary responsibilities include study coordination and acting as a hospital educator/resource person for studies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Education: See "License/Certifications"
- Experience: N/A
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families and other healthcare providers. Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines and departments.
- Knowledge of current research related policies and procedures as well as appropriate process for initiating revisions.
- Thorough knowledge of theory, practice, principles, processes and issues of nursing usually acquired through 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Analytical ability necessary to keep records, maintain inventory levels and perform data entry.
- Ability to manage complex projects through all phases of development, implementation, and follow-up.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.