Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Assisted Living, Chase Point
- Damariscotta, ME
- Per Diem - Day Shift
- Nursing/Clinical Support
- Req #: 131929
Chase Point is nestled on the banks of the tidal Damariscotta River, and minutes from Damariscotta’s charming and historic downtown! Our highly-trained, compassionate staff work with residents and their loved ones to create a care plan that reflects their personality, respects their preferences and preserves their independence. Come join our team!
CNAs at Chase Point assist older people who are functionally, physically, and or socially impaired and need 24-hour oversight. The CNA role is to assist residents with daily activities that they are unable to perform without help, fostering at all times residents' independence and freedom of choice. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of Chase Point Assisted Living Community.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited CNA program.
- Staff working at Riverside are required to complete a minimum of 8 hours of class room orientation and 8 hours of clinical on the job orientation which shall include: A general overview of Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias; Communication basics; Creating a therapeutic environment; Activity focused care; Dealing with difficult behaviors; and Family issues.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.