Behavioral Technician-SHH 1East DD Unit
This job posting is no longer active.
- Westbrook, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Per Diem - Day/Evening
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 131846
Are you looking for a job where YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in people’s lives? Where YOUR voice and ideas MATTER? Are you interested in a career in healthcare or gaining invaluable experience while going to school? If so, please consider joining the MaineHealth team at Spring Harbor Hospital!
Behavioral Technicians are integral and highly valued members of our multidisciplinary team who work with developmentally disordered/autism spectrum population on our 12 bed unit for our school aged youth.
This nationally recognized program is one of few in the United States. This unit is part of the Developmental Disorders Center for Excellence that includes an inpatient special purpose school, an outpatient day treatment program and clinic with future plans of expansion. Behavioral Techs partner with a team of healthcare professionals including Occupational and Speech Therapists, Nurses, Social Workers, Behavioral Analysts, Psychologists and Psychiatrists.
As a Behavioral Technician, you will:
• Assist in the development of individualized behavior plans.
• Work closely with patients to manage their behavior plan.
• Teach parents and other caregivers in how to manage the plan.
Please note - This per diem position does require attending a one-week training during regular business hours.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: High School diploma preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Psychology preferred.
2. License/Certifications: N/A
3. Experience: 1+ years of experience and/or coursework in a social services related field required.
4. Demonstrates a proficiency in all aspects at the entry level position.
5. Must be able to annually demonstrate competency in seclusion and restraint training.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.