Clinical Lab Manager
- Damariscotta, ME
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 131451
NorDx is seeking an experienced Clinical Lab Manager to join our quality-driven, customer-focused team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our staff, and it is their skills and professionalism that set us apart from our competitors.
- Opportunity to work for one of New England’s Largest Healthcare organizations and Maine’s largest employer
- Opportunity to live and work in a picturesque, historic, coastal town which is also named as a “Best City in Maine to live in”: Damariscotta
- Ability to manage a patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing facility.
- If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
- Networking with your peers throughout the organization to develop process improvements and best practices
- Maine has been recently voted as the "Safest State"
What you will do:
- Provides direction and oversight directly through supervisors or individual contributors for laboratory operations and human resources management, including reviewing all hiring and discipline recommendations.
- Oversees all technical direction and develops, monitors, and takes appropriate action to improve overall departmental performance to ensure that the operational and strategic goals are met.
- Ensures training and competency assessments are completed. Manages budget for the laboratory site.
What you will need (KSAs):
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Combination of Associate's Degree & Experience required.
- License/Certifications: Certification in one or more of the following: MT,MLT, MLS, CLS, CHT, CHS, CG, CT, HT, HTL, ASCP Scientist/Specialist (BB, C, H, M, MB, SBB, SC, SH, SM) required (ASCP, AMT, HEW, ABHI).
- Experience: 2 years of previous supervisory or lead experience required, previous manager experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
As part of MaineHealth, Maine’s largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program, Parental Leave, and discounted home and auto insurance. You’ll also enjoy the employee discounts you’ll receive with our ‘Perks Card’ and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.