Registered Nurse (RN) - Cove's Edge
This job posting is no longer active.
***THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR OUR CURRENT $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS***
Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus. Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
Cove’s Edge is a dually certified 76 bed Long Term Care and Skilled facility located on the Miles Campus of LincolnHealth in the heart of beautiful mid-coast Maine. Cove’s Edge is known for the excellent care that is provided to our residents and patients by its outstanding dedicated staff. We are currently have part and full-time opportunities available. Come join our team!
The Registered Nurse at Cove’s Edge is responsible for managing and coordinating care to an assigned group of Residents/Patients on a given shift. The Registered Nurse is responsible for assuring that quality of care is given and that Staff Assistants, CNA's and LPN's are performing according to their job descriptions, policies and procedures.
A registered professional nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching and the activities of ancillary staff. Maintains the standards of professional nursing. Collaborates directly with the medical staff in formulating a plan of care for the patient.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited 2 year nursing school or program. Bachelor's degree from four year school of nursing optional.
- License/Certifications: Current Maine State Registered Professional Nursing license. Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Experience: N/A
- Successful completion of LH IV Therapy course
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate medication dosages and pass medication exam.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.