Clinical Pharmacy Specialist-Pediatric Oncology
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 131184
This position will be focused on providing high quality patient care, education and research for a diverse pediatric oncology population across Maine Medical Center. Time may be split between the Portland and Scarborough campuses, as appropriate.
Core functions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively as part of interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality of medication use through optimizing drug selection, ensuring safe medication use, and reduced drug expenditures.
- Partner with other healthcare professionals to develop evidence-based clinical pathways and/or treatment protocols, conduct utilization reviews, and identify opportunities to optimize medication use for pediatric oncology patients.
- Serve as an active participant in Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and other oncology related multidisciplinary teams including but not limited to formulary medication reviews and/or policy and procedure revision as necessary.
- Generate and analyze process and outcome measures for use in assessing oncology-related patient outcomes and report impact of quality programs.
- In conjunction with the Investigational Drug Trials Coordinator, assist in coordination of oncology investigational drug services.
- Communicate directly with patients and their families on all aspects related to chemotherapy therapy promoting high levels of knowledge, engagement, and adherence.
- Provide education to pharmacy team members as well as other healthcare professionals to enhance clinical competency on topics related to chemotherapy.
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting our pharmacy student and residency programs (PGY-1 Pharmacy and PGY-2 Oncology)
Candidate qualifications are as follows:
• Pharm.D. from an accredited College of Pharmacy and pharmacist licensure eligibility to practice in the State of Maine.
• PGY1 Pharmacy residency required.
• Candidates with specialized PGY2 Pediatric or Oncology training strongly preferred; candidates with 3-5 years relevant oncology focused experience may be considered.
About Maine Medical Center:
At Maine Medical Center, a premier academic medical center affiliated with Tufts University and the leading tertiary care center in Maine, we are working towards the day when diseases are preventable, outcomes are always positive, and the highest quality healthcare is available to all. As a member of the MaineHealth system, we work together with other leading, high-quality providers and healthcare organizations so that our communities are the healthiest in America.
Portland, Maine, home to 250,000 people in the metro area, is a lovely and diverse New England coastal city offering an historic waterfront area, multi-season recreational opportunities and a wealth of cultural activities. Named "America's Most Livable City" by Forbes.com, Portland is a great place to work and live, and joining us at MMC is a great way to help you do both. Find out more about Maine Medical Center by visiting our website at https://mainehealth.org/maine-medical-center
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.