Director - Clinical Day Treatment Program (CADD)
- South Portland, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 130912
The Director – CADD Day Treatment Program is an exciting opportunity for a talented leader to direct a growing program in a nationally respected treatment continuum for youth with autism and developmental disorders. The Director can bring this program to the next level in delivering systematic behavior analytic treatment for youth with significant problem behaviors, backed by a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians and educators with expertise in this population. This program is part of a specialized continuum of care that includes a specialty psychiatric hospital unit and school, partial hospital program, outpatient clinic, preschool, early intervention program, provider training and clinical research, and will be moving into a new, state of the art facility in summer, 2021.
- Position Summary
- The Director of the CADD Day Treatment Program seeks to deliver a high fidelity, intensive, multi-disciplinary treatment and education program for youth with Autism and other Developmental Disorders. The Director is responsible for ensuring the successful functioning of the Day Treatment Program by overseeing rigorous assessment and implementation of treatment for challenging behaviors and skill acquisition, meeting IEP goals and special education regulations, supporting and supervising clinical and educational staff, and working with parents and sending schools. This individual works closely with families, schools, and community agencies in assuring the greatest potential success when transitioning our students back to the community.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- License/Certification: Fingerprint certification by the Maine Department of Education required prior to start
- Education: Master’s level or higher in psychology, behavior analysis, speech, or other related discipline
- Special education degree preferred
- Experience: 5+ years experience working with children with developmental disorders and challenging behaviors
- Experience in program management (clinical or educational) preferred
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.