Clinical Nurse I (RN) New Grads Welcome! - Home Care
- Rockland, ME
- MaineHealth Care At Home
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 130603
The Clinical Nurse supports MaineHealth Care at Home's (MHCAH) mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both MHCAH and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine or a current Authorization To Test (ATT) Letter from the Maine State Board of Nursing. The ATT indicates the individual to eligible to take the RN National Council Licensure Examination, which must be successfully completed within 3 months of starting orientation. Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers. Current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
- Experience: As this is an entry-level position, experience as an RN is not required.
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.