Cook - Cove's Edge
- Damariscotta, ME
- Per Diem - Day/Evening
- Service/Maintenance Support
- Req #: 130033
Cooks at Cove’s Edge have the opportunity to work in a friendly community driven environment, with the added satisfaction of knowing you are a part of making sure our long-term care/skilled rehabilitation residents are receiving well balanced, and great tasting, meals. Come join our team of caring individuals!
- Position Summary
The Cook is responsible for preparing and serving food in the Cove’s Edge kitchen. Assures the facility's cleanliness, record keeping, maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous food service experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Cove’s Edge has provided rehabilitation services and long-term care since 1081. Our friendly atmosphere, warm and caring staff, and wide range of innovative services ensure each resident gets the very best of care possible. Great food, served in beautiful surroundings, reigns among the everyday luxuries at Cove’s Edge.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.