Director - Clinical Documentation Management
- Portland, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 128532
Provides a key role in maintaining long-term success of Clinical Documentation Management Program (CDMP) by providing intense system oversight of the CDMP department across multiple sites within the Maine Health organization. Executes programs which capture appropriate clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing leadership and staff, other patient caregivers, and coding staff to ensure appropriate reimbursement and clinical data quality measures for the level of services provided to patients. Provides education, support, and mentoring at the system level, including but not limited to collection and compiling of information reflective of outcomes associated with CDMP.
The Director CDMP is responsible for increasing program awareness (team members, CDMP process, program benefits) to the entire hospital system. Will support ongoing communication and education on documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues as well as performance improvement methodologies to physicians and entire hospital system. Establish system dashboard and processes. Makes available assessment and feedback of physician documentation compliance, as well as the need for process improvement or change. Will function as the Steering Committee chair and may participate in the CDMP task force meetings to provide all around oversight of the CDMP program.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to interpret and execute MMC policies, procedures and to effectively organize and manage Clinical Documentation Management Department acquired during more than seven years of progressive experience including supervisory and manager responsibilities.
- Advanced analytical skills. Strong organizational and prioritization skills. Collaboration with medical staff and executive leadership, presentation skills and strong leadership skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to deal productively with customers.
- Knowledge of budgets, human resource issues and policies, management and financial and patient billing practices.
- Organizational, analytical, writing and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in utilization management and Medicare regulations required
- Strong critical care clinical background
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare Part A and Part B. Able to communicate Medicare Part A and Part B guidelines and how they impact DRG assignments
- Knowledge of regulatory environment
- Knowledge of Maine Health system wide operations.
- Knowledge of hospital and physician billing and coding practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Health Administration or education in a related field. Master’s preferred.
- Current state Registered Nurse license
- CCDS certification from ACIDS.
- Travel to all facilities in the system.
Additional InformationMaine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.