Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Sonographer
- Scarborough, ME
- Maine Medical Partners
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 128913
Maine Medical Partners has an exciting opportunity for a sonographer to support the out-patient clinic of a small but busy congenital heart disease program with a patient population ranging from neonates to adults with a wide variety of medical complexity.
This is a 40 hour a week position with schedule flexibility. No weekends!
- Position Summary
- Responsible for using diagnostic medical equipment to assist with the diagnosis of various cardiac conditions while maintaining the highest standards of patient care and proficiency with appropriate clinical protocols.
- The ideal candidate will have proficiency in all modalities of Pediatric Echocardiography including 2-D, m-mode, CW/PW Doppler, tissue Doppler and have working knowledge of pediatric heart disease and surgical repair and will be expected to obtain ARDMS registration in Pediatric Echocardiography within a year of hire date.
- Additional registration in Fetal Echocardiography is preferred, but not required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of sonography.
- License/Certifications: Current BLS required or must be obtained within 3 months from start of employment.
- Experience: Minimum two years' medical practice or hospital ultrasound/sonography experience.
- Registration in Cardiac Sonographers through the American Registry of Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of crash cart emergency procedures and contents and proper response to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of safety, infection control and quality assurance protocols.
- Ability to support the technical director of the echo lab per ICAEL guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.