Act Case Manager - Adults
- Biddeford, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 128395-74187
- Position Summary
- This position will provide a specialty focus with program clients around living with mental health problems from a personal perspective, using lived experience in supporting clients as they navigate mental health systems and participate in ACT treatment. Additionally, the Case Manager is responsible for the provision of case management services and achievement of positive intervention outcomes for assigned clients. He/She will ensure that client service delivery practices are ethical, culturally-competent, respectful of diversity and inclusion, welcoming and geared to customer service satisfaction. The Case Manager will be compliant with regulatory, accreditation, contract and best practice standards.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a specialization in psychology, behavioral health, social work, special education, counseling, rehabilitation, nursing or closely related field is required. 1+ year of experience in the same areas of specialization
- License/Certifications: Depending on scope of position, MHRT-C certification may be required. Eligibility for LSW licensure preferred Valid Driver’s license and appropriate level of automobile liability insurance.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience working with a broad spectrum of mentally ill clients is preferred. See also "Education"
- Excellent computer skills are required: Microsoft Word, Excel and use of electronic consumer record software
- Knowledge and commitment to abide by the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers
- Trained in the CIPSS (Certified Intentional Peer Support Service) model, or will attend training as available during the first 6 months of this position.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.