Supervisor, Radiation Oncology Nursing (RN)
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 127933
Radiation Oncology provides state of the art patient care in a multidisciplinary setting. Our services are located in multiple locations: Bath, Sanford, Portland and Scarborough. We are seeking a dynamic nurse supervisor to join our team.
The practice environment includes patients receiving external beam, multi-modality treatment and high dose rate brachytherapy. The candidate were seeking will have oncology and management experience, strong mentoring skills, experience in an ambulatory setting including outpatient procedures. Oncology certification suggested.
Assures that the nursing needs of Radiation Oncology patients are met by the continuous assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating the effects of comprehensive care designed to meet the changing needs of the patient and family; contributes to the professional growth of other departmental personnel and participates in achievement of other department goals and objectives. Work may be performed at any of the Radiation Centers operated by Maine Medical Center.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Master's preferred. Requires interpersonal and management skills and knowledge of employee relation laws as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in nursing in order to deal with complex management problems and communicate with unit personnel, physicians, administrative personnel and a variety of other hospital personnel and community persons.
- License/Certifications: Requires current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine. Oncology Nursing certification preferred.
- Experience: Requires clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through approximately seven years’ experience as a staff nurse and/or supervisor.
- Requires a high level of analytical skills to make management decisions at unit level and make recommendations for consideration of departmental issues.
- Demonstrated ability to train/teach preferred.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.