Ed Tech III - Center for Autism and Developmental Disorders
- South Portland, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 127288
Are you looking for a job where YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in people’s lives? Where YOUR ideas and lived experiences MATTER? If so, please consider joining the MaineHealth team at Maine Behavioral Healthcare!
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
The Day Treatment Program at Center for Autism and Developmental Disorders serves children and adolescents 5-20 years old who live within commuting distance and are either stepping down from our hospital program or are referred from their local school setting.
Our goal is to provide a temporary treatment program in an educational setting that prepares the child to return to his or her home school. To achieve this, we utilize an expert team of clinicians and educators, rooted in applied behavior analysis, to work with both the child and family to stabilize behaviors and enhance educational functioning across both school and home.
As a Special Education Technician III, you will provide academic instruction and behavioral support in our year-round special purpose schools. Under the supervision of the Special Education Teacher and the Director, you will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, which includes special education teachers, psychologists, behavior analysts, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, physical therapists, psychiatrists, and nurses.
The team will design and provide services that support the achievement of academic, behavioral, and daily living goals of students in accordance with the Individual Treatment Plan, IEP and/or behavior support plan. You will be actively involved in providing instructional services and behavioral treatment to meet the required academic, behavioral, and daily living needs of our students, with a focus on helping children learn new ways of coping with challenges and increasing their communication and independence.
Starting pay is $18.23/hr ($38,105 annual salary+, based on education and experience), with access to a generous benefits package, including tuition reimbursement!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: Certification as an Education Technician III from the Maine Department of Education (minimum of 90 credits in approved study). Certification as School-Based Behavioral Health Professional preferred (may be provided upon hire).
- Experience: 1+ year of experience working with children or youth with developmental disorders, mental health disorders, and/or challenging behavior in school, hospital, or residential setting.
- DOE fingerprinting required
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide education and care to students/patients (ages 5 – 20) with consideration of variable cognitive abilities, developmental levels, and cultural patterns
- Willing and able to learn and appropriately implement crisis management procedures for the purpose of maintaining the safety of students and others
- Minimal level of proficiency in swimming in both shallow and deep water to secure safety of students in the event of an emergency
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.