Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Long Term Care - Merriman House
This job posting is no longer active.
- North Conway, NH
- Memorial Hospital
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Night)
- Req #: 125353
$1,000 sign on bonus for new hires with at least 2 years' experience!
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) coordinates total nursing care for Merriman House residents, as appropriate and within scope of nursing practice. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Full time position, 36 hours/week, rotating shift.
- Excellent MaineHealth benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, retirement, paid time off, paid family leave, and more!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: See “License/Certifications”
- License/Certifications: Active NHampshire LPN license. Current BCLS required.
- Experience: Prior experience preferred
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
- Available full time on a rotating shift
About Memorial Hospital:
Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital with a friendly team setting located in Mount Washington Valley, New Hampshire. The Valley, as it is called by locals, is known for its scenic beauty in the shadow of the White Mountains. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, the North Conway area is a great place to live and work, with dozens of ski areas and hundreds of hiking and biking trails just outside your door. The tourism industry is a major business driver in the area, and Memorial Hospital is one of the area’s largest employers. Famous for its outlet shopping, North Conway is 2-3 hours from several major metropolitan areas and their airports, such as Boston, Portland and Concord.
We are one of eleven members of the MaineHealth network including: Franklin Community Health Network, LincolnHealth, Maine Behavioral Healthcare, MaineHealth Care at Home, Maine Medical Center, NorDx, Pen Bay Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, Waldo County General Hospital, and Western Maine Health.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.