Clinical Leader (RN) - Cardiac Surgery - Operating Room
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 122042-67536
**Relocation Assistance is available!
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Clinical Leader/Manager Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Surgery /Operating Room. This position works closely with the Operating Room Nursing Director and manages the Cardiac cluster of the surgical specialties. S/he is responsible for coordinating day to day operations as well as anticipating future needs; serves as a nursing resource and role model while managing patient care and staff. The Clinical Leader works collaboratively with the management team, Department of Surgery, Department of Anesthesiology, Department of Nursing and support departments to provide quality patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited program for nursing, BSN required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required by the state of Maine.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of operating room procedures and policies, with an ability to organize and oversee activities in assigned service at a level normally acquired through two to three years related experience with at least one year concurrent experience in an operating room. Cardiac Surgery RN experience is required.
- Analytical abilities necessary to plan and organize activities and staff in assigned service, and monitor expenditures and usage of supplies and equipment.
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with medical staff and a variety of department employees. Prior Leadership experience is desired.
- Physical ability to walk and stand up to seventy-five percent of work time.
- Ability to concentrate and make rapid and sound decisions in an environment that is often stressful.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.