Behavioral Health Clinician/LCSW
- Sanford, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Part Time - Day Shift
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 123027
This position will be a generalist - LCSW, with interest, training and/or experience integrating behavioral health services into a medical practice. This position will be placed in a Pain Clinic working with adults and their families, and providing assessments, screening, focused treatment and referrals. The position involves collaborative work with the medical team, the providers and the staff, and the person selected will have a highly valued role in this integrated practice team.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Licensure by the Maine State Board of Social Worker Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
2. Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare. Ability to teach basic social work principles and applications to the medical setting
3. 2+ years of work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred, in order to have proficiency in psychosocial assessment and treatment. Must have considerable knowledge of community resources and agencies and how to use them in resolving complex problems related to health, illness and disability
4. Must have a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
As the largest healthcare system and private employer in the state, MaineHealth offers long-term stability, room to advance, and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement savings, and paid parental leave in addition to generous paid time off!
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.