- Position Summary
- This position is for someone interested in joining a hands-on team at the MaineHealth Institute for Research, which is contributing to biomedical research in the area of Oncology. Our team is specifically interested in therapeutic trials testing various combinations of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and radiation therapy. The Research Nurse Coordinator position involves all aspects of research coordination, actively pre-screening and enrolling patients, scheduling study assessments, clinical data management, and communication with the study sponsor. This includes collaboration with the Principle Investigator, Program Coordinator, Study Center, and relevant MMC Departments. The primary responsibilities include study coordination and acting as a hospital educator/resource person for studies. The primary characteristics of a successful Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator include attention to detail, highly organized, and excellent communication skills.
- A hybrid work schedule is available for this position.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: See "License/Certifications"
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Experience: N/A
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families and other healthcare providers. Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines and departments.
- Knowledge of current research related policies and procedures as well as appropriate process for initiating revisions.
- Thorough knowledge of theory, practice, principles, processes and issues of nursing usually acquired through 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Analytical ability necessary to keep records, maintain inventory levels and perform data entry.
- Ability to manage complex projects through all phases of development, implementation, and follow-up.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.