- Position Summary
- The Billing Clerk supports the organization’s overall operations by efficiently and effectively providing accurate data entry needed for the Revenue Cycle process and provides administrative support to the Reimbursement Department. Billing Clerk is responsible for reviewing and updating all unbilled accessions to ensure their accuracy, completeness and determining the appropriate billable party for claim submission.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Completion of high school or equivalent education required. Billing experience in a healthcare environment with third party payors and a working knowledge of State and Federal billing and debt collection regulations preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with clients, patients and third party payors.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sunquest, Rhodes Scholar, Rhodes Fusion and an ECS system/site and be able to learn and work efficiently with a variety of clinical laboratory computer systems as needed; such as SCC, Powerpath and NorDx Now.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of various office equipment.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills.
- Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
- Successfully demonstrates competencies in the position in accordance with the established assessment for the position.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
Thank you for your interest in applying to one of our open positions.
In order to make this process as easy and quick as possible please note the following:
Click on External Apply if you are a candidate external to the MaineHealth System, or currently working at the following member organizations:
- Memorial Hospital
- MaineHealth Care at Home
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Please note, this application is to be used by non-employees of the MaineHealth System only. MaineHealth employees must utilize the internal apply option.