This position requires current CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) status
Summary of Position Description
The Oncology Data Analyst position is responsible for the identification, collection, and management of health, medical and outcome information on all oncology patients and in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Primary responsibilities include abstracting and coding specific patient, cancer and treatment information from numerous sources (physician offices, MMC and other health care facilities) as well as maintaining and updating existing patient records annually.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy and physiology normally acquired through graduation from a two-year biomedical, medical technician or medical records program or equivalent job experience in medical coding or cancer registry is required.
- CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) is required.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions according to established guidelines.
- Ability to organize systems and extrapolate medical information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to pay attention to detail.